For more information or questions about any of the member benefit programs, please contact Alex Scherer, Membership Manager, at 619.354.0655.
- Exclusive Discounts and Premiums at Industry Trade Shows and Events
- Expert Guidance Helps You Produce and Market Safe Products
- Continuous Advocacy Protects Your Company’s Best Interests
- Timely Information and Insight Helps You Make Informed Decisions
- Added Savings Improve Your Bottom Line
- More Connections Lead to More Opportunities, More Influence
EXPERT GUIDANCE HELPS YOU NAVIGATE OUR EVOLVING INDUSTRY
As an industry leading organization, our resources and expertise in business development, industry governance, and legal compliance can play a vital role in the advancement of your business. We are hailed as pioneers in the local community for all things cannabis and you derive an unrivaled benefit from our in-depth expertise, years of experience, and forward-facing initiatives, including:
- Guidance in complying with the Medical Marijuana Regulation and Safety Act (MMRSA), CA Proposition 214 and Senate Bill 420, the upcoming Adult Use Marijuana Act (AUMA) and more
- Safety bulletins
- Issue briefs on product safety, standards and alignment
- Statements on multiple aspects of cannabis industry development
- Workshops and Webinars on compliance, testing requirements and other safety issues
- Advocacy on the alignment of local, state, and federal laws, standards, and requirements.
CONTINUOUS ADVOCACY PROTECTS YOUR COMPANY’S BEST INTERESTS
UMMC advocates on your behalf, watching out for your interests and speaking with authority on matters of importance to you. We maintain a strong presence in the City of San Diego and are at the forefront of discussion on legislation impacting the industry. UMMC works to keep you informed and connected with key policymakers through various events, initiatives and services, including:
- Political Engagement, where member companies can engage in small group meetings with delegates, city lawmakers and regulators to discuss the cannabis industry’s unique legislative needs and the vital role that it plays in the U.S. economy.
- Members-only legislative bulletins on proposed and revised state and federal legislation
- Members-only issues briefs on industry priorities
- Participation in UMMC’s State Government Affairs and Local Government Affairs Committees
- Crisis communications and PR assistance
TIMELY INFORMATION AND INSIGHT HELPS YOU MAKE INFORMED DECISIONS
The cannabis industry is moving fast and on an increasingly global scale. UMMC gets you the hard information you need to accurately assess the marketplace, make better decisions, and improve your bottom line:
- E-newsletter with weekly updates on breaking industry news and events
- Members-only bulletins on critical safety, regulatory, legislative and trade issues
- Year-round webinars, educational sessions, and seminars
- Annual report on TIA’s financial position, accomplishments and philanthropy
ADDED SAVINGS IMPROVE YOUR BOTTOM LINE
In addition to UMMC’s professional benefits, the many economic member benefits bring you exceptional value and return on investment:
- Discounts on exhibit space, advertising, sponsorship, promotions, and more on local cannabis trade shows and events.
- Free admission to year-round webinars on a variety of industry-related topics
Benefits available through UMMCs Partner Programs:
- Access to insurance broker contacts who offer best-rate packages, including liability insurance for product recalls, property and casualty insurance, general liability insurance, cultivation crop insurance, employee benefits programs, and more
- Discounted facility alarm services and security personnel rates offered exclusively to UMMC members
- Discounts on Product Testing; including Potency, Contaminents, Cannabinoid Profiles, and more
- Lower rates on advertisements through local and national media outlets.
MORE CONNECTIONS LEAD TO MORE OPPORTUNITIES, MORE INFLUENCE
UMMC membership enables you to connect, correspond, and collaborate with other members, and to build lasting relationships. No other organization casts as wide a net when it comes to the ability to keep you in touch with colleagues throughout the industry. Whether through face-to-face interactions or online via email and social media, let UMMC serve as your portal to the brightest minds in the business.